This is a 6 hours course to be held at Signal 8 Security Offices in B’Kara, however we can also run the course at pre-designated locations when confirmed in advance.
- Types of Fuels;
- Chemistry of Fire;
- The Fire Triangle;
- Classification of Fires;
- Types & uses of portable fire extinguishers;
- Sources of ignition;
- How fire spreads;
- Fire prevention;
- The importance of Fire Drills;
- Evacuation routes;
- Local Legislation;
- Different methods of extinguishment;
- Portable & fixed Fire Fighting equipment;
- Actions to be taken on hearing a Fire Alarm.
- Practical: Fighting class A.B. & C Fires. Use of water, foam, dry powder & CO2 extinguishers, Use of Fire blankets
Designed to give learners a basic knowledge in Fire fighting.
This course is delivered by qualified and experienced fire fighting instructors.
Assessment: Course participation
€ 85 – pay on day.
€ 80 – each person if booked as a group of three or more.
Special group prices could be arraigned.
Booking on any of our courses at least six weeks in advance shall qualify the applicant for a 5% discount on the overall price.
Please ask for the discount at the booking stage, as these cannot be given retrospectively.